Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where have all the orders gone?

Hi

Deployed my first site yesterday using a snapshot, all went well (wahey!), except orders which I had downloaded on my development machine were not imported to the clients PC with the snapshot. Am I missing a trick?

Thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

There is a checkbox on the 'Developer | Deploy Site Snapshot' option which says 'Overwrite All Orders On Target Installation'. If this box is not ticked, the order history will not be carried with the snapshot.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Obvious really, I suppose, but I read it as 'if there are orders on the target machine they will be overwritten if you tick this box' and as it was a virgin install I did not think this applied, so ignored it.

Of course the real meaning is 'if you want to install existing orders tick this box AND they will overwrite any orders on the target machine'.

My fault for not reading/thinking in depth about it. However, I now have a quandry, as the client's machine will have been taking orders over the weekend, so I cannot redo the snapshot without overwriting new orders, I think?

Is there another way to import those old orders onto his machine without losing his current orders table?

Thanks again, Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

so I cannot redo the snapshot without overwriting new orders, I think?
        Correct. And at the moment there is no way to merge the two order histories together. I'm afraid I have no great suggestions for you.

How many orders has your client taken over the weekend? Could you import the order history and then manually re-create the orders?

Comment

The client isn't banging on about having the initial orders in the history - he dealt with these using PSP notifications and a copy of the customer's receipt email which I had set up to forward to him for the customer's address, much like his 'old' system - so I don't think I will attempt to manually create the orders for the sake of it.

But thanks for the advice, and next time I will know the score.

Cheers, Dan
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X