Isp Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isp Problems

i can not view my own site www.micro4u.com through my isp [tiscali broadband] after 4sure updated their servers on monday the 17th. i also can't access my e mails through outlook as well.
    IAN at 4sure has told me this is down to tiscali being slow to update their DNS. this seems to be the case as i can access my site and mails through my dial up on uk online but having contacted tiscali by phone and e mail have been told there is no problem.
    i am stuck waiting at the moment and hoped someone out there has a magical solution for me.
    4sure say i need to wait for tiscali and tiscali say nothing is wrong.
    i must add though that in every way possible 4 sure have been great to deal with and seem to have done everything possible to help.

4sure need to update internal settings

Hi

I can see your site ok. Maybe you're viewing a cached image on your pc?

If you're using IE try tools/internet options/ delete temporary files and clear history

Mind you, you do seem to have some dns issues:

If you try start/run and type ping micro4u.com it comes back "request timed out". This needs sorting out with your ISP or 4sure - I'm not certain who sorry.

ta
    chilled but never frosty

Comment

ip details for micro4u.com

Tracing route to micro4u.com [80.168.5.218]
      Hop 1 IP 10.17.32.1 Time : 30
      Hop 2 IP 80.5.162.101 Time : 10
      Hop 3 IP 80.5.161.17 Time : 10
      Hop 4 IP 62.253.188.25 Time : 10
      Hop 5 IP 62.253.185.194 Time : 10
      Hop 6 IP 62.253.187.185 Time : 10
      Hop 7 IP 62.253.185.238 Time : 10
      Hop 8 IP 62.253.185.82 Time : 10
      Hop 9 IP 212.250.14.2 Time : 10
      Hop 10 IP 213.253.16.65 Time : 20
      Hop 11 IP 195.8.68.106 Time : 30
      Hop 12 Error: Request timed out

look 195.8.68.106 ... found
      Name : gs-ar1-vlan-1077.router.uk.clara.net (.NET | Network)
      Address : 195.8.68.106

looks like it's stuck with clara.net?
      chilled but never frosty

Comment

No, this is because our network is protected from IP triangulation to cut down on IP attacks on our systems, i.e. at the gateway....

DNS is fine..... at this URL shows: http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport...in=micro4u.com

Comment

the thing is none of this solves anything and i am still stuck with no e mail and no access to my site to me or many of my customers.
          can anyone suggest anything because this is massivly affecting my business.

Comment

I can get to it fine in the US. If the IP address changed, it can take a day (or more) for the addresses to propagate to DNS servers that have the address cached (the ones that access your site the most). My ISP forwarded the old IP address for a few days when my server moved.
            Bob Ladden

Comment

thanks for all replies.
              nothing altered yet but tiscali wont divulge how often they update their severs [or not] and have told me its a problem with the settings on my machine.
              i asked how come thousands of others have a problem just with there machine and are waiting for a response.
              the 24th is a week though since the ip addresses were changed so maybe then my machine will amazingly fix itself.
              lets hope so.

Comment

I can't see the site either..........telewest broadband

Comment

WE CAME ALIVE AGAIN AFTER 2 PM TODAY.
                  IT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN FIXED BY TISCALI BUT WE DONT KNOW HOW.
                  THANKS TO IAN AT TECHNO-WEB FOR ALL HIS HELP.
                  CAMERON.

www.micro4u.com

ps i am a complete newcomer to this so any comments on my site would be well recieved.

Comment

you've got a long way to go on design!! it is always a good idea to look at your competition, and analyse why their sites are good or bad, and then create your own design and navigation

It is always better to blend your colour scheme, at present your logo and nav buttons are completely mismatched. Remember good design will sell products....

Your sections are grammatically incorrect, take away the possessive apostrophy.

ie accessories
                    laptops
                    etc etc

what are the ticks for in the product images?

Comment

POINTS TAKEN.

the ticks are imbedded in the images from our suppliers.

i guess the site is pretty basic but most of our customers have said they prefer it that way and find it more usable.
                      i must admit as a web novice i find most sites so busy and hard to navigate i wanted to go down the stark route.
                      i know there is a way to go but it has only been live for a few weeks and so as it evolves i expect the orders will increase.

thanks again for all comments.
                      cameron.

www.micro4u.com

Comment

Working...
                      X