Quantity Based Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity Based Pricing

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this one....???

I want to apply a generic quantity based price discount to all of my products (700 in total).
    eg.

above 6 items, 5% discount
    above 12 items, 10% discount

I am aware that you can apply a quantity schedule to individual products in the Product Details settings but this doesn't cater for people who want to 'pick and mix' products. ( also updating 700 products individually is a bit of a pain)

any ideas anyone?

Unless your items all cost the same I don't know of a way to do this. You can however offer a discount on the amount of money spent by using the standard discounting features - see View | Discounts.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Unfortunately the discount offered needs to be based on the quantity of items bought and we need to be able to 'pick and mix' products.

eg. 6 bottles of wine no matter what their individual costs should get a 5% discount and the same for 12 bottles of wine with a 10% discount.

The price scheduling available in 'Product Details' is almost ideal but it doesn't allow for customers buying a number of different product items.

ie. If they buy 4 of one product and 4 of another (8 in total) the quantity discount will not be applied..?

Comment

You can't do that as standard but I guess that you might be able to do something in the HTML or perl scripts.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Err....any ideas where to start?

Comment

I'd email Norman Rouxel and ask him for a quote .. but then I am a perl coward ;-)

Regards,

Comment

Hmmm... This might not be too hard at first thought. Actinic uses a "Count Similar Items" type routine to decide how many products there are of that type. This could be defeated by simply getting it to treat ALL products in the Cart as similar.

This is done in the Perl scripts so it would take a bit of work. These patcheds are usually tiny but working out how to do it takes the time.

However if you sell anything that's not wine (e.g. a low priced accessory) then the clever guys might buy 10 of that to bump their discount.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

This can be resolved by discounting. At the moment (v6) you can try to cheat with the ActinicAdjustments.pl file to get other discount than the currently allowed order level one.

Regards,
                Zoltan
                Actinic Software
                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

zmagyar

I cannot find ActinicAdjustment.pl, is that the same as ActinicAdjust.fl or AdjustmentTemplate.pl?

Comment

It's AdjustmentTemplate.pl

Comment

Sorry, brain fade. It is AdjustmentTemplate.pl in v6.

Regards,
                      Zoltan
                      Actinic Software
                      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the pointer guys...I am a bit confused however.

Does this perl script run a number of actinic functions or just the Discounts function in View|Discounts dropdown.

I notice that the script has 3 main functions

1) GetAdjustmentRules - I assume this is the information specified by the user in the Discounts facility.

and

2) CalculateProductAdjustment
                        3) CalculateOrderAdjustment

Are both of these functions part of the same calculation or are they used by different options in the actinic program...???

(really sorry if these are basic questions, my knowledge of Perl is very limited)

Comment

Does this perl script run a number of actinic functions or just the Discounts function in View|Discounts dropdown.
                          It was designed to do a bit more what you can see on the UI. But not all the features are utilised in v6. Probably some more functionality will be utilised in v7.
                          1) GetAdjustmentRules - I assume this is the information specified by the user in the Discounts facility.
                          Correct.
                          2) CalculateProductAdjustment
                          3) CalculateOrderAdjustment

Are both of these functions part of the same calculation or are they used by different options in the actinic program...???
                          The first one is dealing the discounts based on the products in your cart while the second one is dealing with discounts based on your order total.

Regards,
                          Zoltan
                          Actinic Software
                          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

OK....have been fiddling round with this script for a while and just can't get the script to call a total quantity.

In the CalculateProductAdjustment sub routine there is a variable $nQuantity which seems to call a quantity from Actinic but doesn't have any real effect when using it in the CalculateOrderAdjustment sub routine.

Is this the correct variable for calling a total quantity/number of items or is there something else that I should be using.

Maybe there is a variable that can call the value of '+ getCartItem(3)+' (part of the javascript that runs the cart overview on each page) into the CalculateOrderAdjustment sub routine.

Comment

Working...
                            X