E-mail Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail Problem

Easyspace have recently updated there email servers. Up until now all our customer email were going to our customers as soon as orders were placed and we were receiving order confirmation. This stopped about week and half ago.

If i go into the network setting/advanced network set up and type the correct smtp url the following error comes up.

Mail server messages:

220 rmta01.mta.everyone.net ESMTP Postfix

Failed 1 - Response: 220 rmta01.mta.everyone.net ESMTP Postfix

Can any one shed any light on this?

Any one else outhere with this problem with EasySpace?

Hi,

I've got the same problem with Easyspace.

I think its something to do with how Actinic is communicating with with their SMTP server, something about automatic relaying? I've never had a problem before they upgraded the server.

I've posted several messages to their support (11 days ago) and have been told to read FAQ's (no help at all in this instance) and then yesterday they said "This incident will be left open in our system and will be replied to as soon as we can". Great.

Not sure what else to do, apart from mannually send an email confirmation of the order through Actinic once it has been downloaded.

At least this isn't isolated to me so I guess they have to sort it eventually. I have been with Easyspace for 3 years and they are fine until something goes wrong. Then nobody seems willing to correct it fast.

I will let you know when things change.

Regards,

John
    www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

Comment

Thanks John,

I was thinking may be its a problem with actinic, I have had my site with them for over three years, the main problem is theres no technical support when you need it!

If you hear anything from them let me know

Thanks

Tufail

Comment

Originally posted by johnshackleton
        Hi,

Not sure what else to do, apart from mannually send an email confirmation of the order through Actinic once it has been downloaded.

I have tried this but have the same error.

Comment

Same here.

We did a select all, copy and pasted it into Outlook and sent it from there.

Bit of a problem when you are getting 100's of orders per week, but at least it stops a phone call.

I would interested if anyone has any recommendations for another hosting company?

John

Comment

Two things to try.

1) Go into Advanced / Network Setup and try the Test button.

2) Same as above but with Mail (SMTP) Server set to "localhost" - no quotes and write down your original setting.

See what messages you get in these cases.

If these fail and your original SMTP server is still current you may have fallen foul of Easyspace requiring Authenticated SMTP. Actinic don't (yet) support this but I've got a workaround that may help. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for info on using Sendmail (or whatever your ISP supports) instead of SMTP.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm with easyspace too

You need to take a look at the link below.

http://www.easyzone.net/V6.html

Normans soloution above is the right one as well

My sites working fine since I changed the set-up.

Cheers

James

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                Two things to try.

1) Go into Advanced / Network Setup and try the Test button.

2) Same as above but with Mail (SMTP) Server set to "localhost" - no quotes and write down your original setting.

See what messages you get in these cases.

If these fail and your original SMTP server is still current you may have fallen foul of Easyspace requiring Authenticated SMTP. Actinic don't (yet) support this but I've got a workaround that may help. See www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html for info on using Sendmail (or whatever your ISP supports) instead of SMTP.

Norman
                Norman,

Same response as previously, I guess i will have to make amendments as per your instructions

Tufail

Comment

Thats very strange

easypace host our site and its working fine now since I made the changes they stated on the link I posted.

Comment

I have refreshed the site and now its working.

Thanks for the info.

Tufail

Comment

Yes, worked for me also by just replacing;

mail.homecreations.co.uk

to

localhost

Thanks for your help

John

Comment

Working...
                      X