Analytics Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analytics Code

I am trying to put Google Analytics on www.welshfruitstocks.co.uk by manually pasting the required code into the site HTML files using a code editor. However, when I upload the site & view the page source, the code has vanished. I go back to the site HTML files, and the text I have just pasted into every file has also vanished.

There is some tracking code on the site from a company called Sayu, who have done some web promotion for us recently. Could it be that causing the problem??

Thanks

You will need to paste the code into the ActPrimary and ActBrochurePrimary templates (or similar) in Actinic and then upload from within Actinic.

Comment

Ah ok....I have just the one 'layout' template, so I assume I need to open that in Dreamweaver & add the code into that page only???

Comment

If you only have the one then yes.

Comment

Ok...I'm still going wrong somewhere.

I eventually managed to take a snapshot (v7 has strange unhandled exceptions most of the time when taking snapshots) & took it to my own computer where I have Dreamweaver installed. I imported the snapshot into v7, and then went to the Actinic v7 folder in ProgramFiles(x64), and open the .dwt file from the templates folder. Then added the code in, all fine, and saved it. I went back to Actinic and previewed a page - still no tracking code (there are also no files in the siteHTML folder)....

Comment

I don't know how you created the site but you are looking for a file in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1 probably called ActPrimary.html. You can edit it in DW but it is not a DW template file.

Comment

I found them renamed slightly, but where you said they should be - thanks

I now have a "sarah!!!" that has appeared on just one of my shop pages (strawberry) which is something left over from when the developers were working on it I think...why it has decided to show itself now I have no idea becuase they have not been working on the v7 site for quite some time!!! Delete it from the code and it re-appears. Nevermind though, just hoping no-one will notice!

Comment

Ok, now a slightly different problem. I have followed some instructions for setting up a Goal to track the customer through the check-out and payment process.

I have a funnel, which is "/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl" and named 'basket'.
                (As a customer moves through the checkout, the URL becomes "/cgi-bin/os000001.pl" which is the same for the 3 pages of the checkout.)

But the instructions said the Goal URL should be "/receipt.html" -- but the website does not have a receipt page. It goes to the payment provider and as far as I can remember, doesn't come back to a receipt page. So does this mean I cannot track customers through the checkout & payment process?

The site HTML has pages called order00.html, order01.html, and order02.html which seem to correspond to the checkout pages. There is a html04.html which is named as a receipt page -- but that does not mean it is used...

It would also be useful to be able to see which page customers exit from (if at all) during the checkout process where they enter their name & address etc -- but this too doesn't seem possible with a URL that remains constant throughout the checkout process (it's always cgi-bin/os000001.pl).

Comment

I have set-up goals in the checkout which seems to work OK, the code I have used on V9 is listed below, this is on a V9 site so not sure if this still applies, I believe the important line is the line that starts with
                  Code:
                  pageTracker._trackPageview
                  as the blockifs allow you to assign a unique trackable name to each of the checkout pages by using the _trackPageview function.

Code:
                  <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsGoogleAnalyticsEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true" >
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  	var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
                  	document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga" + "." + "js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
                  </script>
                  <script type="text/javascript">
                  	var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("<actinic:variable name="GoogleAnalyticsNumber" />");
                  	pageTracker._initData();
                  	pageTracker._trackPageview(<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%200%22" >"/Order00.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%201%22" >"/Order01.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Checkout%20Page%202%22" >"/Order02.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22PSP%20Bounce%20Page%22" >"/PSPBounce.html"</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Receipt%22">"/receipt.html"</actinic:block>);
                  </script>
                  </actinic:block>

This adds a line like pageTracker._trackPageview("Order01.html"); , you can then set-up goals on pages called Order00.html, Order01.html, Order02.html, PSPBounce.html, etc
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Thanks - that looks complicated! But I understand the logic of it.

Was hoping that v9 might have done that automatically with it having analytics built in...

Comment

Analytics code in V7

Hi
                      This is my first post on this though I have read through alot of the post on the subject here and have tried to get assistance from support.

Basic issue is that whilst google tags are running fine on index.html they do not seem to be running on any of the other pages in the site - I have loaded them into the source html act primary files as indicated and tried a number of different locations including the head and body.

Any idea greatly appreciated as although we will be upgrading soon I would really like to have some more visibility now!

Website address is www.on-linepaper.co.uk

Many thanks

Simon
                      One day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X