Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paypal pro integration

hello all,

im using actinic business v7 and ive recently signed up for and approved to use paypal pro website payments on my website.

i have verified my account and the next step my paypal account tells me to do is "integrate paypal with shopping cart".

when i click on this link i am given four options of how to integrate paypal pro with my website:

1. Does your shopping cart ask you to set permissions on your PayPal account and provide you their PayPal shopping cart API username?
    2. Does your shopping cart ask for an API username, password, or signature?
    3. Does your shopping cart ask you to upload a certificate from PayPal?
    4. Does your shopping cart ask for a username, partner, vendor, and password?

i have no idea which method i need to use?

i have read the article on actinic website regarding this matter and it does not mention any of the above steps, only that i must enter paypal into payment methods under business settings and that i must enter my paypal user id. is that all i need to do?

Hi Sean,

The simple answer is that PayPal Pro is not going to be PCI-DSS compliant which means you should really choose another solution.

The problem is that Paypal Pro collects the customers card details on your website and this means you'll have to undergo a huge amount of security testing and procedures to comply with PCI-DSS.

Your best option is to go with a payment Servvice Provider that handles all the PCI-DSS issues for web payments. Actinic payments is one option and is well integrated with recent versions of Actinic. (not sure it's supported in V7 though).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by etchin_uk View Post
      i have read the article on actinic website regarding this matter and it does not mention any of the above steps, only that i must enter paypal into payment methods under business settings and that i must enter my paypal user id. is that all i need to do?
      Actinic takes care of the integration if you are using PayPal Standard. I don't think V7 ever integrated with PP Pro. Mike's comments about PCI compliance do not apply for PP Standard.

Comment

Sean, this might be of interest:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=45920

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

thank you for the info guys, it has made for intereting reading.

looks like i will be downgrading from paypal pro to paypal standard then and that should solve my problems! well fingers crossed it will

Comment

Working...
          X