View Cart Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View Cart Page

Any help appreciated please. More head explodyness.

The layout on my view cart page is way off what I expect it to be. I've gone back and used the original ActPrimaryCheckout.html lifted from the template directory but it's still kinda screwed.

http://stardustandsparkles.co.uk

It's a good couple of years since I've worked on this site, and most of my learning was done way before that in Act 6. And now I can't seem to figure out what the hell to do with it. I'm not particularly techie and explanations aimed at a 6 year old are probably in order.

Many thanks in advance
    Steph

Also tried replacing Act_ShoppingCart.html with the original to no avail.

Comment

Check the setting in the Design menu for options layouts and change it to match the overall layout.
      Peblaco

Comment

Louise - magic - you've fixed it! Thankyou

Comment

Much better. By the way, your contact us link on the home page is broken, check what you have for the link in your template?.
          Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            Much better. By the way, your contact us link on the home page is broken, check what you have for the link in your template?.
            Thanks, missed that. It's
            HTML Code:
            <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAILLINK" class="stephlink">&nbsp;&nbsp;Contact Us&nbsp;&nbsp;
            Is that one of the netquotevars that don't work with the brochure pages so you know please? I vaguely recall I've had issues with them before. If it is, I'll just remove the contact link from the home page, it works fine on the catalog pages.

I seem to remember thats why I don't have view cart and checkout options on the home page as well. I'm fairly certain I got to the stage of realising if I wanted them there I needed to edit perl scripts which is beyond what I'm happy trying.

Sorry if I'm making no sense... or being a pain... its been kinda difficult coming back to it after not touching it for years. Particularly as my other site - which IS constantly maintained - is a jshop and therefore fairly technically different from the bottom up.

Comment

On some themes pre-V8 the links are only on certain pages. A better way to do it pre-V8 is to code the links manually that way you get a consistent design.
              Peblaco

Comment

Louise, thanks so much for your help. I'll try your suggestions. It should be completely blinkin obvious to me of course (and I apologise for the idiot questions!). Frustration clouds the brain I think!

x

Comment

Working...
                X