Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limit payment by location

Hi,

I want to have a 'pay by invoice' type option, but only for certain countries.

I've found the 'limit by location' option on the payments screen, that allows me to limit each payment individually to where ever I want - which is ideal - just what I need!

Except... on the first checkout page where it used to ask just for the country, it now asks for the invoice country and the delivery country.

Given that the majority of my customers will be for the UK (and therefore won't benefit from this new payment method) this is a highly undesirable addition - more stuff for them to read, more stuff for them to select, more chance they will be confused.

Is there a way to get rid of this (ie. assume that the delivery and invoice country will always be the same?)
    John

What do you have selected for "tax by location" on the tax tab, that certainly plays a part in this area from memory.

Comment

tax by delivery
      John

Comment

I can't give a definitive answer without trying, but i'm reasonably certain that one of those settings means only one drop down shows, the other 2 means that both show. Try the different settings and see if that helps, sorry for the vagueness, it's been some time since i looked at.

Comment

there is 'tax by delivery', 'tax by invoice' and 'always tax'.

Unfortunately, when I tried the 'aways tax' option that removed all of the tax zones below (ie. the bit where I say UK pays tax, channel islands pay no tax, and the eu might pay tax depending on whether they have a vat number or not).

Although I have 'tax by delivery' it does only list the country box once on the first page, but this increases to 2 boxes when I try the payment by location.

Bit of a bummer if there's no other way round it...
          John

Comment

Working...
          X