Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot import site

Hi folks,

I've read through fifteen pages of postings and can't find anything similar here or in the knowledge base.

I have reinstalled Actinic on this PC - having moved it to a laptop to demo it to our client.

When I try to import the site snapshot I get a fatal error:

FATAL ERRORS
    (File Snapshot.cpp, Line 1482) - Archive error 12 - The zip file open call failed
    Library error - This is not a ZIP file or the structure of ZIP file is damaged! has been caught.

Its trying to create a backup which I don't want or care about, but failing and therfore not performing the import. What is its problem? I cannot figure it out, can anyone point me in the right direction? This is really holding us up and like most people we need to get paid!

I'm on WinXP Pro/ NTFS

Thanks

Stuart Irving

if you still have it on the laptop, then just copy site1 across instead of using the snapshot, you will also need to copy and paste the securuiy keys from the housekeeping mennu to complete the install

Comment

Thanks,

That is a last resort option, but the laptop in question, while it still has the stuff, is over the other side of the country right now.

Can someone help with a fix rather than a workaround - or does the 'feature' simply not work?

Comment

it sounds like the snapshot from your laptop was corrupted when it was taken. The quickest solution is to get someone to take another snapshot from the laptop and mail it / ftp it to you.

hope this helps.

best,

steve q
        harlequin domains
        0800 0832077

Comment

Thanks again - I'm going to try that for future reference, but the laptop is being couriered over to me right now.

Actinic is turning out to be a very expensive solution.

So this would ordinarily work right? I assume that copying the entire Site1 folder isn't the normal approach.

Comment

the copy site1 solution is for us sceptics!!

people do experience more problems using snapshot can to copy site1 approch.

I tend to use both, ie take a snapshot and copy site1. The snapshot is easier for a client to deploy. site1 is there for backup

Comment

Also remember that if you copy Site1 (like I prefer - I'm no Snapshot fan), then also copy the information in Housekeeping / Security. That info is in the Registry and won't go over with Site1.

I copy and paste this to a textfile. It's a good idea to keep that file somewhere safe in case your main system crashes and you have to re-install.

If you have that file, a recent copy of Site1 and a note of what version of Actinic you were running then you have everything needed for disaster recovery should your main system fail.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X