Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

includes

Hi,
    I am trying to use includes on my shop. Is there any reason why they would not work?
    Angie

Do you mean NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE or Server-Side Includes <!-- #include file="filename.html" -->?

If it's the Server-Side Includes these need to be made available by your service provider. They may be reluctant to enable this as it may compromise the security of your site.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,

I mean server side includes, which are used throughout my site, but don't seem to want to work on my actinic pages.

I have tried putting them as absolute URL's and relative to the acatalog folder, but neithe rseem to work.

Angie

Comment

Have you renamed your Actinic generated pages to be .shtml (or whatever your server directive requires)?

Also if you're using Business, or your customers will be going to product pages via the Search facility be aware that these will serve the pages from the cgi-bin via Perlscripts and these may not be processed by the SSI. Best to check that once you get includes working on the catalog pages.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
          Have you renamed your Actinic generated pages to be .shtml (or whatever your server directive requires)?

Also if you're using Business, or your customers will be going to product pages via the Search facility be aware that these will serve the pages from the cgi-bin via Perlscripts and these may not be processed by the SSI. Best to check that once you get includes working on the catalog pages.

Norman
          Norm, I have mine working ok after adding an Apache handler to parse the HTML .html --> server-parsed

but now as you say the pages that seem to be served by the Perl scripts are not parsed. Is there a way to fix that? It seems to not only happen with the search facility but when a customer is logged in...

Thanks
          Eagle
          Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Working...
          X