UPS Shipping and local pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPS Shipping and local pickup

I have a UPS account number, but it is not a daily pickup account. Can I utilize the UPS online tools in my website. Also I want to have and option to have local customers be able to pickup from my store. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Niels

Yes to both.

UPS will work fine even if yours is not a daily pickup account. The UPS Online Tools we are integrated with will calculate the shipping charge online and verify the customer's address for you. It will also allow you to send out order tracking emails to your customers. It is not affected by how often your collection is.

With regards to customers picking up parcels, you can always create additional shipping classes within the 'Shipping' tab aside from the UPS classes. One of these can be free and only offered to people in your state.

Comment

I just tried to setup online tools, when I went to configure the tools I had to register, I filled in all the blanks and clicked next. Then it gave me a message that the Connection to server has been reset. I clicked OK, it said I had registered successfully, but when I went to continue to setup it kept saying I needed to register. Any clue?

Comment

I've asked Brian Johnson, from Sure Solutions, to give you some pointers on this.

Comment

Thank You, I have contacted them and they are working on it

Comment

If you want to use UPS OnLine as well as free local pickup, I understand from this thread that you can create a shipping zone for free local pickup for customers in your state.

But, do you also then need to define the UPS Classes as well, or will those be added to the live site?

Thanks,
            Matt
            http://www.GloveWarehouse.com

Comment

When you setup your site to use the online tools you can select the types of services that you want to offer

Comment

Working...
              X