Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSP and sitemaps

hello guys,

my website is currently running single product per page. i have duplicate products in numerous sections throughtout my website (brand and colour sections for instance). this leads to the age old problem of duplicate subsections and therefore duplicate pages with identical content.

i have read the following topics and found them useful:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46483
    http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=39482

the solution to my duplicate page problem as far as i can see is it implement fragments within sections that look identical to the original product section. therefore removing the need for duplicate sections. i do have a few novice questions however before i tackle this...

1. in v7 will i be able to lay out product fragments in any number of colums like for instance what i can achieve with the sections links per colums option?
    2. am i correct in presuming my auto-actinic sitemap will alter significantly after this change resulting in what will appear to be empty sections as no products are listed a level below?

there is another question am was pondering earlier but i cannot remember at this moment in time

Originally posted by etchin_uk View Post
    1. in v7 will i be able to lay out product fragments in any number of colums like for instance what i can achieve with the sections links per colums option?
    Yes, product fragments are managed the same as products.

2. am i correct in presuming my auto-actinic sitemap will alter significantly after this change resulting in what will appear to be empty sections as no products are listed a level below?
    Yes, if you use fragments - no if you use cut-down product duplicates in the parent sections instead linking to eth master product.

there is another question am was pondering earlier but i cannot remember at this moment in time
    Sorry can't recall the answer at the moment.

Comment

Working...
    X