Help with layout please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with layout please

I'm a very new user of Catalog and I'm trying to get to grips with a couple of things. Is there any way I can have my product categories down either the left, right, or down both sidebars? I intend to have small photos of my products, and rather than selection from a sub-menu or via a text link I want the customer to be able to click on an image on the left or right. I have seen this done before, but I'm not sure how. I am using the demo right now and I intend to purchase the full version very shortly, however I have a few teething problems to resolve first.

Is there any way I can have my product categories down either the left, right, or down both sidebars?
    You are going to need to edit the Actinic HTML templates to do this.

Firstly, select Layout 13 from the 'Design | Themes | Clean Layouts' list. This will put a brand new design onto your store that has a sidebar down each side.

Then go to 'Design | Options | Layouts' and click 'Edit' next to the 'Default Overall Layout' field. You then need to add the variable NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP just before NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLSEARCH. That will put the section list down the right as well as the left.

I intend to have small photos of my products, and rather than selection from a sub-menu or via a text link I want the customer to be able to click on an image on the left or right.
    Change the 'Top Level Section Link' template to 'Image Only - no text shown' and then enter the images you want into the 'Image' field you see when you double-click on a section in Actinic.

Checkout the links in my signature for the 'Designing With Actinic Developer' guide - which gives an introduction to designing in Actinic.

Comment

Working...
    X