Best Actinic Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Actinic Site?

Who do you think has the best Actinic site and why?
    Tim Brown

Chris, isn't it something why we should enable the voting system on the forum?
    Zoltan
    Actinic Software
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Chris, isn't it something why we should enable the voting system on the forum?
      Err... if I worked out how to use it.

We could always have an awards ceremony or something. Best Design, Best Useability etc etc.

There are some nice ones in the 'Examples' area of the Actinic website. I keep on coming across nice ones like http://www.111-mobiles.co.uk/acatalog/ just when I'm searching on the internet in my lunch hour.

I'd be interested to see if anyone would like to tell us about a site that caught their eye (NOT their own )

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        (NOT their own )
        ahem, well its not my own, but one we've done

www.sqwubbsybooks.co.uk

Comment

Err... if I worked out how to use it.
          It is just an option on the admin console.

Cheers,
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

This is one is nice - www.silverballoon.co.uk

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

This is one is nice - www.silverballoon.co.uk
              Wow! You'd never know that it's an Actinic site. I'd vote for them even though "Jan" and "Norman" aren't available names.

Norman
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                Wow! You'd never know that it's an Actinic site. I'd vote for them even though "Jan" and "Norman" aren't available names.

Norman
                Neither is "Phil" , but it would get my vote as well. Highly original.

Comment

It is beautiful, but I get a cookie error when I try to put something in the cart. I just went to several Actinic sites and the carts work there. Appearance is not everything.

I wish I had artistic ability. I had to use Actinic’s funky theme.
                  Bob Ladden

Comment

With Normans and Zoltans help we managed to integrate Flash and a database search of 30,000 names into this site.

My Family Name

The name search is top right of the screen. It shows how it works if you type a name you know wont be in the database or some text blurb e.g. ccvvbbnn.
                    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

The music is good as well, I am totally addicted to buying these CD's as presents (I have a Zoe, an Amy, a Sophie and a Jack and Simon on the way ... those are CD's by the way not my kids!).

Cheers,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It is beautiful, but I get a cookie error when I try to put something in the cart.
                        Yes. I saw that too.

Going to http://www.silverballoon.com works correctly.

However t the URL www.silverballoon.co.uk seems to go via a redirector to the .com address. That redirector is using frames to force every page to appear from the root address www.silverballoon.co.uk and this is breaking the catalog.

Is this a oneandone.co.uk type domain perhaps? They do this with similar undesired results.

It might be better to change the .co.uk to redirect to a temporary page that re-re-directs you and breaks out of the frameset at the same time. Then things will work OK.

Norman
                        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by garyhay
                          With Normans and Zoltans help we managed to integrate Flash and a database search of 30,000 names into this site.
                          ... but only Norman's name is included in the DB.

Cheers,
                          Zoltan
                          Actinic Software
                          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

I also had a problem with document relative links breaking the cart on our menus. In the end I just went with placing absolute URL's in all menus that were any level below the root and document relative links for all pages in the root and that seemed to help.
                            Regards, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                              Going to http://www.silverballoon.com works correctly.
                              The site is the most beautiful e-commerce site I have ever seen. It does make me want to buy (my youngest may still appreciate it).

It does have the advantage of only selling one basic product, so it is not cluttered with thumbnails and descriptions of many products.

Of course, the funky theme looks almost as good.
                              Bob Ladden

Comment

Working...
                              X