Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic.mdb product.nPricingModel column query...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic.mdb product.nPricingModel column query...

Does anybody know if it's safe for me to just run an SQL 'update' on product.nPricingModel? I'm having to delete a bunch of components (thousands) and then add replacement ones, and I don't fancy manually reverting the pricing model in each individual product afterwards. Is that all the frontend does - just update that column - or is there other related data I'd need to update?

Actually - while we're on the subject - maybe I'm doing it all wrong and somebody knows a better solution?

What I've got here is a catalog wherein every product has the exact same component pricing model, and as I said I'm having to delete each of the current components and replace them with a new one.

Is there a quicker/easier way to update all these components in one go? Or (preferably), is there a way to apply a single component to multiple products "by reference", rather than making a copy of the original component for each product in the Catalog client? It seems like I'm duplicating a shabload of data here and I'm just not aware of the "smart" way of doing it.

Any info, as always, much appreciated.

Anyone?

Comment

Is that all the frontend does - just update that column - or is there other related data I'd need to update?
      Yes.

With regards to a quicker way, all the components are held within the 'ProductProperties' table in the Access database. They all have a 'nType' value of '5'.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Comment

Working...
        X