Out of Stock products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Stock products

Similar to last thread I posted I have duplicate products and use components to associate them to a master product for stock control. When a product is out of stock it is clear when viewing the master product and there is not a click to buy button. Actinic treats the associated products differently and customers still have the click to buy button, although when they checkout they are given an error preventing them from proceeding with the order till they remove the item that is out of stock.

Is there any way I can get the out of stock message to appear on associated produts also?

Also, I have set my stock management to 1 for "suspending orders below" and as soon as a warning is given that I have sold the last product I upload again so the out of stock message is recognised online. It seems to work but is this the correct process?

Dee

I'm interested in this too.

You're doing it right. You need to upload manually. Jan has a product to automate this, but I have not had the time to try it. Many others are using it.
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Is there any way I can get the out of stock message to appear on associated produts also?
      No there isn't I'm afraid. The association only works in the shopping cart - not in the online store pages.

With regards to uploading and downloading, have a look at http://www.mole-end.biz as Jan has written a program to do this automatically (or at least do something similar).

Comment

Working...
      X