Cancelled Orders & Returning to Actinic after Sage Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelled Orders & Returning to Actinic after Sage Pay

We have uploaded a feedback form on our site and we want it to be an option to both people who do make a purchase and also people who cancel their order.
    I'm using v7 and what used to be VSP form (protx)

I've put the URL for our form in:
    Design | Options | Miscellaneous | URL for Completed and Aborted Checkout.

But the form is only showing when people complete an online payment using Sage Pay and then click 'Done' on the receipt page.

If they cancel the order whilst on the Sage Pay payment pages, they don't go to the form as expected. Instead they are taken back to the 'Shop' page (not the home page).
    If they cancel the order in the checkout before getting to the Sage Pay payment pages, they are redirected to the same 'Shop' page and not the form.

The feature in Actinic states that it is for Completed and Aborted checkouts but that isn't the case. Can anyone help me find a solution to the issues above please?

Personally I wouldn't do it this way.

Sending customers to a feedback form rather than the receipt page:

a) means they won't see the receipt.
    b) probably (possibly?) means they won't get the customer email.
    c) It's a bit premature. It seems to me a bit like taking your car in for a service and the receptionist saying 'how have we done?' before they even start working on the car.

The way I'd do it is to send an email a week after shipping the item asking if everything was Ok with the order and whether there were any ways you could improve the service.

If you want feedback earlier in the process then a simple link to the form from the receipt page and your emails would probably do it.

Mike

(PS and you could link to the form from the 'cancel' button in the checkout)
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but this is how we want to do it.

We don't send them directly to the feedback form rather than a receipt page. When they complete their order, they see the receipt page as normal then when they close the receipt page they see the feedback form. All of the customers are getting their confirmation emails too.

So unlike the scenario you mentioned about servicing a car and the receptionist, the customer has already completed their purchase and it is the perfect time to get a response whilst they are still on our site. The form has five simple questions with check boxes and it only relates to the website, not delivery or product. It takes less than 30 seconds to complete.
      With anything up between 200 and 400 orders per day, sending an email 1 week later would not be an option and i'm sure that a whole week later the response will be far less than at the point of sale too.

However, a link in their invoice will also take them to a feedback form (if they wish to take part) which is related to our product, delivery and service from our staff. So we should get a complete range of useful feedback from the customer about a range of ways to improve and also what they thought we did well.

I think the link to the form from the cancel button in the checkout is a great idea, but I actually found this:
      http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=40100
      and made the changes before reading your reply and the method seems to work fine!

Comment

Working...
      X