Actinic not switching sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic not switching sites

I opened Actinic this morning to find that it wouldn't allow me to switch between some of the sites I have within the application.
    I have 4 sites in total, but only 2 are causing issues.

If I go to File | Sites open one of the problem sites and then try to select a different one (1 of the 2 that are making actinic hang), the program just hangs and never changes. I'm forced to close from the task manager.
    I have just noticed that I cannot close actinic or go to Design | Options whilst the sites are open as it also hangs and i'm forced to go to the task manager again to close the program.

The program opens up any of the 4 sites if I use the command prompt to select which one I want open. If I open up any of the 2 sites that are working as normal, actinic switches between them completely fine and it will also switch to the problem sites fine. It is only after that, that the issue happens and it will not switch back. I did a compact and repair on each database in Access and again within actinic but the issue still occurs. I've tried restarting my machine a few times too.

Normally when you switch sites, you select which site to switch to and you are asked if you wish to perform a backup, but I don't even see this message when it hangs on the 2 problem sites.

I did make some minor changes to OrderScript.pl on the sites that are having issues and also enabled 2 options in Design | Options yesterday, but they were switching back and forth completely fine until I arrived this morning.
    I uploaded the site yesterday afternoon and the website is working fine (no script errors etc).
    To see the changes I made to the script (simply added a line containing a URL for aborted checkouts to be redirected to), please look at this post:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...165#post299165
    There is also a link in that post containing the instruction I followed when making the changes.

I did revert the OrderScript.pl for both sites back to what it originally was to try and rule out the changes I made being the cause of the issue, but the same thing happens.

I'm pretty stumped on this one. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions that could fix it?

Go into site folder and re-name problem sites

Open up two new sites and import old snapshots of the two failing sites if all ok delete the renamed problem sites from sites folder
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thank you very much Chris, that has fixed the problem and solved my headache!
      Have a great day.

Comment

I wanted to add a link to this post:
        http://community.actinic.com/showthr...377#post299377

As after following these steps, I have run into some issues.

Comment

Working...
        X