Unable to upload Catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to upload Catalogue

I've nearly completed developing my Catalogue, and have attempted numerous times to upload the catalogue to my webspace. But unfortunately it fails each time against the FTP Server name, stating that this is incorrect or I need to check my Network Setting.

I can access my Webspace using the Freeware CoffeeFTP program and have created a new folder on the Webspace for testing.

My PC is running Windows XP Home Edition, Norton Anti Virus and Norton Personal Firewall.

Has anybody got any thoughts on why this is failing.

Thank You

Elfyn

Hi Elfyn,

Do you get the same error when clicking on the 'Test' button in 'Advanced | Network Setup'? If so then, I would check the following:

1. Make sure that you are connected to the internet.

2. If you have 'Outlook' or 'Outlook Express' on your pc, check to make sure that they are not set to 'Working Offline'

3. Try turning off your firewall software and see if that will let you through.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Firewall Settings/Port Addresses for uploading

Tracey,

Thank You for your reply and I'm glad to say that when I disabled the Firewall everything worked fine. The problem that I have is that I need the Firewall to be Enabled all the time to eliminate any hackers, even though I'll be deleting the customers Credit Card No. immediately when the orders are downloaded.

What does Actinic require to go through the Firewall i.e. Port No, Application Name ?

Thank You

Elfyn

Comment

Hi,

You will have to set up a rule within your firewall program to allow Actinic to ftp in and out. We use port 21 for ftp and the application name is catalog.exe which is found under 'c:\program files\actinic ecommerce v6\' folder (this is the default installation directory).
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X