Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attributes & Prices

Hi,

I have searched this one, but cannot find a result that covers this one i dont think.

The problem is this: I sell photographs in various sizes ranging from A3 - A5. So for each individual image i set up attributes for each size the image is available in. The problem i have however is that i dont seem able to specify a differant price for each image size/type. Is there a way around this without having to set up each product 5 times to cover each size & reflect it's price?

Does that make sense?

I wanted to be able to set it up so you just picked your photo,picked the size & the cost for that product size would show in the cart.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Regards,

Paul.

The only way I know of achieving this is to use a Component (the size in your case I guess) for each image and under the Component add the various sizes available as an Attribute with the sizes as Choices.
    Then you'd have to make a number of hidden products that correspond to the number of choices, for each Product.
    Then go to Component and set up the Permutations, with each permutation using the price from the Associated Product.
    Sounds a bit long winded, but in fact once you've set up the first product completely, it's an easy job to copy it, rename and re-reference it and the various hidden products etc.

Of course, there's a good chance someone will be along shortly with a quicker, easier method.

Check out the Help for how to set up Components
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Sean's way is the way to go. However you only need hidden products if you want stock control down to the individual sizes. Otherwise a single Component, with a size Attribute, Choices for each size and Permutations for the prices is enough.

Look in the Starter Guide for "Choice Dependent Pricing" or similar terms. It's also covered in the Help. Look for Permutations or Choices there.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you to both of you for your helpful replies.

The good news is you have both solved my problem (excluding the not winning the lottery issue yet, though i am informed i get that this week!) & i can now sell all the various print sizes i wish to, along with their correct pricing.

Once again Thank You both very much for your help.
        Regards,

Paul.

Comment

Thanks Norman - didn't know that
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X