Problem with importing snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with importing snapshot

I am getting an error when attempting to import from a snapshot.

I have successfully exported a snapshot from a Windows XP Actinic Business 6.1.3 machine. (This same snapshot also imports back into the same Actinic).

However, when I try to import the snapshot into a windows 2000 machine Actinic Business 6.1.3 (exactly the same software) it gives me this error:

"Actinic Catalog failed to open data dsn ActinicCatalog6. The database maybe corrupt or the version may be newer than expected."

I would appreciate some help with this. I have tried to bypass the entire snapshot process and sent my client a zipped version of site1. This caused all sorts of problems with compression.

Please help,

Alex Clayton

I have also installed the latest Microsoft Jet drivers from the CD onto the target PC. This has had no impact.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

Rather than install jet from the cd, did you also install MDAC_TYP.exe from the MDAC folder. If you did not, please do so and try actinic again

Also where are you trying to export the snapshot to;

Is it on a network drive? If the answer is yes, then please try to export the snapshot to the desktop.
      Once it has been exported, then try to import it. If it does get imported without the error, then it seems that actinic snapshot is getting corrupted, when trying to export on the network

Please try the above

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for you help. Things have moved on slightly. I am now getting a different error:

FATAL ERRORS
        (File Snapshot.cpp, Line 1482) - Archive error 12 - The zip file open call failed
        Library error - This is not a ZIP file or the structure of ZIP file is damaged! has been caught.

I have asked my client to install the MDAC but he is not available until Monday to try this.

However, do you have any comments about the error above?

I have always exported the snapshot to my local desktop and then emailed it to my client.

Thanks again,

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

The error message says that you are trying to import a corrupted snapshot into Actinic, and its failing.

Was this snapshot from your pc, or your clients?

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have exported the snapshot from my PC. I have successfully imported the snapshot onto my PC and another test machine in my office.

However, the snapshot is not importing on my clients machine.

Comment

Hi Alex

That snapshot which is having an issue, please could you email me it, and i will take a look into it

Please email: communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk

Please mark it for my attention

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
              X