Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with cookies

My client has had this message from a customer:

<<I would like to purchase the above pasted item from your site. For some reason it wont let me do this as I have cookies disabled. This is not the case, I have tried everything to sort the problem and everything on my browser it set correctly to allow them. For some reason my PC just wont sort this problem. Some websites are fine and others are like yours, its just wont let me go further into the ordering process.>>

A bit obscure I know but that is all I have.. Any ideas what it could be?
    Thanks
    Jenny

Catalogue 6.1.3
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

As always, posting an URL so we could see ourselves would help.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

wwwwww.paws4petfood.co.uk/actalog/
      It works fine for me..
      Hanson Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny
        wwwwww.paws4petfood.co.uk/actalog/
        It works fine for me..
        Or even http://www.paws4petfood.co.uk/acatalog/

Seems to work for me too. I would suggest a browser problem, or they have a firewall or a cookie filter that is blocking incoming cookies.

Comment

Works OK for me too.

However, I've seen exactly this behaviour yesterday when trying to Add to Cart on a site that had an additional domain name that was re-directed to the real domain.

Do you have more than 1 name pointing at the site? Could the customer be using one of these instead of your usual URL?

Norman

Comment

sorry can't type... 2 other sites point to this shopping cart and one alias..
            Jenny
            Hanson Web Design

Comment

If one of these is another domain name that redirects to your site try going in via that URL and see if it fails.

See http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=4524 where the www.silverballoon.co.uk showed exactly that problem when it redirected to the real site www.silverballoon.com

Norman

Comment

Interesting. What do Actinic have to say? Is this an IE 6 problem, I ask because I seem to remember something from ages ago about cookie problem, on another site and I had forgotten all about it until Norman replied.
                Jenny
                Hanson Web Design

Comment

The .co.uk is using a simple framed redirect. That could be your problem.

Try getting the hosting company to change the.co.uk to a 'proper' - 301 redirect. They will have to change their apache .conf file to do this.

Comment

I think because he has three sites, one (not a redirect) of them send them from this site (full site, no frames) to the site that contains the shopping cart. Three sites operating on one shop.. Just launching another shopping cart site at this moment.
                    Hanson Web Design

Comment

Working...
                    X