Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Shutdown due to Script Error

Hi everyone,

Our Windows 2000 Server has recently started to shutdown momentarily causing all our client sites to also go down.

Our first actinic site was launched in October and seemed to run fine however 2 weeks ago the server slowed itself down to a halt. Obivously this is extremely unprofessional on our part and we wish to rectify the proble asap. When we go onto the error logs of the server we come across a common error. Please see below:

The script started from the URL '/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl' with parameters 'SECTIONID=dw%5fdvsl10h%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1' has not responded within the configured timeout period. The HTTP server is terminating the script.

The first time we combatted the problem by reinstalling 'ActivePerl' onto the server and it seems to do the trick however the server shut down this morning and we are worried that the same problems may occur within the next few weeks.

Has anybody else come across similar problems? If so did you rectify them? Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Hi Lee.

Is there any bandwidth throtlling enabled? If so perhaps you could increase the amount of bandwidth available to each site?

I only have a cut down version of IIS5 that only allows one site, but on IIS6, (Hopefully IIS5 is the same!) if I right click on each virtual site and select Properties | Performance, you can change the bandwidth and number of connections there.

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X