Sage Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Link

Hi, I'm running Unlinked from Sage, using advanced tax, but am getting the error in Link.

Tax rates table must not be blank

And no export to Sage... any ideas?
    Martin Cutbill

Amazingly using Actinic to sell Absinthe since V2

I'll report this to the development team as it sounds like a bug. Have you got the very latest Actinic Link for Sage (2.0.6) yet? It was released yesterday and can be downloaded from the actinic site.

In the meantime as a workaround, try de-selecting 'Run Unlinked from Sage' and fill in the tax table as per the thread HERE. Then break the link again and see what happens.

Comment

If it only came out yesterday then no! Could you post a link?

http://www.actinicdownloads.com is only showing v2.0.5

I hope there isn't a bug, I just got our whole company to switch to Sage after the bug in the Quickbooks/Link... although on the QB side on that occasion...

I'll try the workaround now.

Also, there not being an about screen, what is the easiest was to to tell what version you are using? Am I missing something embarrasing?
      Martin Cutbill

Comment

Nope, no good. I can't enter anything in the 'Sage Tax Code' column...

I can fill in the rest but no good...
        Martin Cutbill

Comment

Apologies - 2.0.6 has only been added to the download site today. You should be able to get it now.

Don't you get a drop-down appearing in the 'Sage Tax Code' column with 'T0', 'T1', 'T2' etc. in it? If you don't then Actinic is having trouble connecting to Sage. When you click the 'Connect' button in the 'General' tab, what happens?

Comment

I'm running unlinked fomr Sage so I can't... the catalog & the accounts are on different machines.
            Martin Cutbill

Comment

It sounds like there is a problem with Actinic Link that needs investigating.

This forum isn't the best way to handle things like this - I suggest you deal with our support team directly via email to try and get it sorted. Register an email support query HERE and include the URL of this thread in your support query.

Sorry I couldn't help any more here, but I would not want to just make guesses. Someone needs to look at your data.

Comment

Just to let you know the problem persists with v2.0.6

I'm instigated a bug report as requested.
                Martin Cutbill

Comment

Thanks for that.

It is a bug, but we have got a workaround to help fix this. Unfortunately, the workaround involves setting up the Tax Table while linked to Sage (as I suggested earlier) and then unlinking.

Is it not possible for you to link to Sage over a network (enter a network address for the 'ACCDATA' folder in the 'General' tab of Sage)?

Otherwise, install Actinic Link and a copy of Business on the machine with Sage on. Then set up the profile in Link whilst linked to Sage. Then unlink it and close Actinic Link. Finally, copy the contents of the 'Actinic Link' program directory from the Sage PC to the 'Actinic Link' folder on your live Actinic PC.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    Is it not possible for you to link to Sage over a network (enter a network address for the 'ACCDATA' folder in the 'General' tab of Sage)?
                    Although not immidiately presenting itself as a possibility (due to the 'browse' interface lacking the ability to wander that far), I think it can be done as you suggest or with a net folder.

I'll keep you posted -- the accounts dept is long gone & I don't know where Sage is 'kept'!
                    Martin Cutbill

Comment

Working...
                    X