Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My backup sites

Hi,

I am really confused about the purpose of the backup sites downloaded into the Actinic Catalog v4 folder. Ok, the manual says they hold all the files used to generate the online catalog.
    But obviously, after a while the information hold into these files become out of date after adding new products, taking new orders...
    Daft question: how can I keep an up to date backup of my catalog all the time on my local server as well as my remote server?

Thanks

Naima

The main 'BACKUP' folder is only really used when you install an upgrade in Actinic and the files within the 'Original' folder are replaced by more up-to-date files.

The 'Backup v6.1.3.0.0.0.DHBA' (or whatever) folders are a backup of all your site files and theme files before they are upgraded by the SiteUpgrader.

With regards to backing up your site, the 'Snapshot' feature isn't that brilliant in v4 so the best way to backup is to zip your 'Site1' folder somewhere safe. Also make a note of all the data in your 'Housekeeping | Security' settings.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your reply!

Naima

Comment

Working...
      X