Help - need to open an information popup for certain products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - need to open an information popup for certain products

Hi - I want to create a link for certain products that when clicked will use javascript to popup a new window with information. The information page will be the same for each product.

I tried to do this with extended information but it requires a different html page name for each link.

I've tried to do this with the information link text but it opens in the current window.

Is there any way that I can achieve this within Actinic without having to write some external javascript to handle it?

TIA
    Regards
    David

You can embed some HTML into your product description that will use the existing ShowPopUp routine.

e.g.

!!<<a href="javascript:ShowPopUp('mypopuppage.html',600,400)">Click me</a>>!!

Where the 600 and 400 are the desired window width and height.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman - I think it may be a bit more complex than that (correct me if I am wrong) but I only want this fr about 20% of the products, not all of them.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Sorry - please ignore - I read html template instead of product description - doh.
        Regards
        David

Comment

You could also use this code inside a custom Product Template - just remove the !!< and >!! as these are only needed if you embed the code in your description field.

Norman
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X