Questions about customer acounts / logins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about customer acounts / logins

I'm considering implementing customer accounts, and have some questions. I want to implement accounts so that I'll only have one variation of a customer name in Quickbooks. I see that I can assign my Quickbooks customer number to my customer account, so that I have a one-to-one relationship. I'm trying to get away from things like Jane Doe, jane doe, Jane P. Doe, etc.

First, will implementing accounts with the Quickbooks customer number solve this problem?

Is the update of the customer number into Actinic manual?

If I understand correctly, it looks to me like a customer can not instantly get an account, right? I have to assign them a password, then email that to them?

Anything else I should know before I do this? I've been operational for two years, so accounts and logins will be new to my customers.

Thanks! Pat H
    -------

Pat

First, will implementing accounts with the Quickbooks customer number solve this problem?
    You can give each customer account in Actinic an 'External Reference' value, which will be the same as the customer account reference in Quickbooks. Therefore, the answer is yes.

Is the update of the customer number into Actinic manual?
    Are you using a UK version of QuickBooks or a US one? If you are in the US, them the customer number is brought into Actinic automatically. In the UK they have to be entered/created manually.

If I understand correctly, it looks to me like a customer can not instantly get an account, right? I have to assign them a password, then email that to them?
    Yep, that's the way Actinic works. There is a 'Send Password' button in the 'Buyer' tab of the customer account.

Comment

Working...
    X