V7 - Will it work with Windows 7...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 - Will it work with Windows 7...?

Has anyone tried installing Actinic v7 on Windows 7? Does it work? how about the virtual XP compatiblity thing or whatever it's called?
    John

Hello John

We have been able to successfully install and generally run v7.0.7 on Win7 (32 and 64 bit), without having to resort to the compatibility troubleshooting wizard.
    I'll however let other users post their experiences as well.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

We have installed Actinic 6 onto Win7 32bit This installed without issue but dose require that it's run as administrator.
      Nuco Technologies Ltd
      For professional and affordable Actinic web hosting with plans to suite your needs.

4Surehosting.co.uk
      Host-it.co.uk
      Pinbrook

Comment

Was that straight on the W7 OS or using virtual PC (or whatever it's now called in W7 Pro)?

Comment

This was straight on the OS no VM used.
          Nuco Technologies Ltd
          For professional and affordable Actinic web hosting with plans to suite your needs.

4Surehosting.co.uk
          Host-it.co.uk
          Pinbrook

Comment

Just installed v705 straight onto W7 (admin mode) and imported my snapshot, runs perfectly.

Comment

I have successfully installed v7 on Win 7 (64 bit) straight on the OS and didn't get any issue / error so far.
              Click here

Comment

ok, encouraged by your posts I've finally got round to purchasing windows 7, and just installed actinic developer. Seems to have gone ok so far.

Can someone remind me what the correct procedure is for copying multiple sites across from the old os to the new one?

I'm guessing I need to licence a new site on my new Win7 copy, type in the site name exactly as before, then import a snapshot? then repeat for each site?
                John

Comment

Spot on John.

Comment

uh... When I try to licence a new site it's asking for a username and password in the "new sit"e box. It never asked for that before (I just rebooted back into my XP version and it definately doesn't ask there - just the site name and auth key). I've even installed exactly the same version and patches so where did this come from?

And more importantly, what username and password is it asking for? Is it going to create one for the site? or is it asking for windows login details???
                    John

Comment

Administrator and same for password. Can't recall if capital first letter or not. You can turn it off in settings.

Comment

oh, found it in the help file - apparently I was in "pre-configured mode" for some reason... just needed to go into network settings and 'convert'.
                        John

Comment

Just for anyone else reading:

Actinic works fine on my Win 7 as well (in admin mode)

Mole's 1 stop automation also works just fine on win 7.

One thing to note though, it seems like once the site is imported you need to do a refresh - a standard upload just doesn't seem to work (merge error).
                          John

Comment

Working...
                          X