Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Refresh Site

Hi

How do you set up Actinic Business v6.1.3 to update external links automatically say every 15mins?

I was reassured that it can be set up to do this when I bought it but can't find a thread or help file?

Thanks

Paul
    chilled but never frosty

This thread discusses using command line options to automate some actinic tasks. http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=command+line

On of these and a simple batch file may do the trick.

Also Jan at www.mole-end.biz has some automation add-ons that may help.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ok thanks for the quick reply

Do you have a piece of sample script that I could put in an access mdb to use with a scheduled task?

Thanks Paul
      chilled but never frosty

Comment

e.g. Shell "C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Catalog.exe /u", vbMinimizedFocus (doesn't work)
        chilled but never frosty

Comment

oh - it was D: on C:! That works ok!!!!

I read a thread that said Business doesn't close afterwards - suppose I'll have to kill it with task scheduler?
          chilled but never frosty

Comment

Is there a command line prompt to close Actinic please?
            chilled but never frosty

Comment

Actually we do not have such a command line switch at the moment. But this most likely will be included in the next release.

Regards,
              Zoltan
              Actinic Software
              www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Ok

I'll leave a brief note of what I've done in case anyone else has the same requirements.

-I'm using Access linked to Actinic.
                -I've moved Actinic to a spare networked pc (copying data across with snapshots)
                -I've setup a tiny Access database with a form that loads on startup with the command line script in on that pc
                Private Sub Form_Load()
                Shell "C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\catalog.exe /u", vbMinimizedFocus
                DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdExit
                End Sub
                -Windows Task Scheduler on that pc to run the Access db every x mins which in turn runs Actinic

I had problems with Actinic accessing my locked database if I'm doing dev work so I split my main access database. I put the table with the Actinic linked data in a new database on the space pc and linking that table to my main Access db on my primary pc.

It all seems to work ok - only negative is Actinic is permanently open on the spare pc but it doesn't stop the command prompts so I suppose thats ok.

thanks for the help
                chilled but never frosty

Comment

Working...
                X