Slow Printing - Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Printing - Version 6

I have just gone to V6 and like all the new stuff on it, but I have found one BIG problem.

I have used V4 & V5 and like to ship all the orders at once and then highlight all the orders and print the invoices all together. These all spooled very nicely to my laser printer and spurted out in no time.

When I do this on V6 the printer treats every order as a separate print job and my poor printer is clunking away for ages. I have just printed out 48 orders and it has taken ages.

I spoke to Actinic and no joy, I'm not sure they understood the problem.

Anyone had similar or know a work around??
    David Brown
    01253 623752
    Bursting With Health
    sales@burstingwithhealth.co.uk
    http://www.burstingwithhealth.co.uk

I have asked the development team whether anything has changed from v5 to v6. I'll let you know what they say.

Comment

The printing in the early versions of v6 was the same as that for V4, I haven't noticed any changes but that doesn't mean that there haven't been any.

What happens if you preview? If it is one 'print' per order then you will get preview windows popping up in turn, if it is one 'print' per print request then you will only get one.

Try printing to a different printer as well - if the results are different then if might be something in your print setup that is causing problem - Actinic remembers print settings for each report so maybe V4/V5 were remembering something that V6 doeesn't know about yet.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I spoke to Actinic and no joy, I'm not sure they understood the problem
        Hi there, yes, we did understand your problem

Our developers would still like your actinic database to run tests on this issue. Please could you email the actiniccatalog.mdb to this address:communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk, and make it for the attention of Nadeem Rasool

The actiniccatalog.mdb can be found in your site1 folder, which is:
        C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Sites\Site1

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Jan

Thanks for replying, I tried previewing a few orders and they all appeared on one box, which would suggest it would be sent as one print job.

Its odd because V4 & V5 both print fine on that PC with the same printer. Its just V6 that chugs the print jobs along.
          David Brown
          01253 623752
          Bursting With Health

Comment

[fx: starts to talk about stuff she knows nothing about ..... again]
            Could it be that V6 is a bit beefier than the other two versions and is using more memory and so it slowing the PC down.

Reprint a few invoices to the printer and see whether you get 1 print job or lots of little ones.

You could also try printing from one of my applications - they are pretty small. Try one stop automation, go to the batch order processing bit (button in the bottom right hand corner of the main dialog), select a date and time that would give you a few orders, tick print orders and select the packing list or invoice on the print reports options screen and click on run now to print stuff - preferably the same orders you printed above to allow you to easily compare things and see if it is still slow.

You could also try printing from our quick orders product - this uses a more advanced version of the crystal libraries and might be quicker - or then again slower - than Actinic and our 1 Stop automation.

V4 used crystal reports V7 for printing and V5 and V6 use crystal reports V8 but if V4 and V5 are printing at the same speed that can't be the reason.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The machines I use are pretty good, 512 ram 30gb etc and I print full colour labels from photoshop, 50 to 60 mb a time and they print just as fast.

I'll call you about trying your software, it might not be good to discuss your product range here ;-)

Thanks
              David Brown
              01253 623752
              Bursting With Health

Comment

Working...
              X