dropdown search with 4 dropdown lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dropdown search with 4 dropdown lists

My problem is this... I would like to sell tickets which are available at different resorts, clubs, parties and dates. Using 4 dropdown lists I would like the user to narrow down the search. For example in the 'resorts' dropdown I would like to choose Ibiza this would then change the contents in the 'clubs' dropdown. Once I have chosen a 'club' it will change the contents of the 'party' dropdown and so on until finally we get to the dates, once a date is selected it will take user to the product (ticket) where I can choose the quantity of tickets and add to cart.
    :-)<b>Thanks for your help</b><br><br>Planet:-)

You may be able to do something by writing your own custom JavaScript tool that queries the Act_section_tree.js array which Actinic produces when you include NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW in the <HEAD> section of your store.

Details of some list boxes etc. that you can produce with this information are in the Advanced User Guide. You will need to be pretty skilled with JavaScript to be able to do anything with the information though.

Comment

Perhaps my Automatic Cascading Dropdown Menu would do all you require right out of the box. It's free too! For a demo see www.snowlines.co.uk and hover your mouse over the little binocular icon. If that's useful then there is info on it at www.rouxel.cwc.net/nortree/index.html

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

NorTree!

Just discovered this thread and wanted to drop a quick thank you!

Comment

Is it possible to have 2 seperate "singleroot" buttons (I appreciate by its very name but...)

I had originally build in roll over nav buttons (Store | Info | View Cart | Checkout) to my store, and have placed a single root button with 100% opacity over the Store button.

My Info section has a number of addiitonal subsections too and i would like to have a drop down for these too.

The only way i thought was to make the single root button spread across my entire nav bar, then position the next level of Nortree directly on top. But, I dont think this would be recognised from Actinic. My info section is a brochure page but uses a seperate file name to Act_BrochurePrimary (PhatWax_info1), and then the fragments all have their own name (PhatWax_info1_virgins, PhatWax_info1_Shopping etc).

Any ways, if there is a way to do this, appreciate thoughts.

Link to my site is http://www.fidelity dj.co.uk/acatalog/store_newin.html (The Info link is not actually working at the mo, trying to figure that one out too but an example to where you would go is http://www.fidelity dj.co.uk/acatalo..._shopping.html)

Thanks all

Steven

Comment

You could try NorCascade (www.rouxel.cwc.net/actinicstuff.html). This is a more modern menu system and can be configured to provide more than 1 menu. You should be able to have the automatic menu and an additional hand-coded one.

Don't ask me how, though, as I've no need, or intention to do this.

Also the core DHTML code isn't free so you're meant to contribute something the author.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X