Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Select shipping destination error opening ../acatalog......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select shipping destination error opening ../acatalog......

Hi,

When adding the first item to the shopping basket and pressing confirm I sometimes get the error below.

select shipping destination - error opening .../acatalog/81z86z........ blah.... blah.... blah.cart (No such file or directory)

Although this does not happen everytime. If I delete all my cookies and try to place the order again it seems to work fine. It has only started doing this since running the latest patch v5.1.6 to sort out the issues with norton.

(Would the permissions on the server have any effect)

Any help much appreciated

Ed

It sounds like the files in the cgi-bin are sometimes having trouble finding your 'acatalog' directory. This is usually because of problems with the session file. The way we did session management did change in 5.1.6 (in order to get around the Norton problem) so it may be highlighting something wrong in your site.

Could you click the 'Test' button in 'Advanced | Network Setup' and let us know whether there are any error messages?

Could we also see a URL to see the problem for ourselves?

Comment

error message

Hi Chris

I ran the test in network settings and it checked out fine. I'm getting desperate so contacted actinic tech support... aka G. Green. He's taking a look at it, but any suggestions I can get are greatly appreciated. Obviously I need it sorted ASAP.

The URL is http://www.avbits.com

Thanks

Ed

Comment

think I've found the work around

Hi,

Found a fix for now. If I de-select the "request location information early" check box in View | business settings | orders the problem goes away, although I would be still be interested if anyone has had the same problem or can tell me why I'm getting it.

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem but only with a handful of customers. All other orders are coming through.

I am using v5.13 and do not have request location information early selected.

Comment

I suggest upgrading your store to 5.1.6 as this fixes a problem with Norton Internet Security that generates a very similar error message to the one you describe.

You can download 5.1.6 free of charge from http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v5/.

Comment

Working...
            X