Web Catalogue Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Catalogue Comments

I've nearly completed my Web Catalogue/Site and would be interested in any comments you have about the website. i.e. design, speed of site, range, prices,before I start advertising the web catalogue.

Please have a look at www.ibabyshop.co.uk (i for internet), and let me know what you think.

Thank You

Elfyn

Hi,

I think it's a very practical and well organised site, but the colours are really hard on the eye. The yellow on pink is very hard to see. Have you tried different colours at all? Just my opinion.

Phil

Comment

The cart summary is hard on the eye too. Luckily it's mainly men who are colour blind .

Also 1024 wide may still be too much. My logs show 40% of customers on 800 x 600 (mid you that's 2 years historic data so may be a little skewed to older systems). However I wouldn't want to alieneate any custoimers if passible.

You could save a lot of room by moving the Search box to the line above and losing the left-hand bar. The icons are great but you could maybe reduce the space between them.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Nice site...

I would loose the left hand menu bar to free up the space.
        Place the search on the horizontal pink bar
        Make the colours of the HOME, UP A LEVEL etc on a transparent background
        Make the cart Blue Text on a White Background

-- Just my opinion, not to knock what you have done.

Two general ecommerce observations:

The European Distance Selling Act (2002/2003) requires that all online stores in the UK have:

a) A telephone number
        b) A clear statement over warranty and refunds

People are now being prosecuted over failure to adhere to the above (Big names like www.dabs.com have LOST their court cases).

You have to publish a phone number and your refund policy.

Good luck

Glen
        sigpic
        Building:- Glen Gilchrist
        Building:- Glen Gilchrist personal site

Comment

Working...
        X