Manual entering Paypal button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual entering Paypal button.

Ěs there a way of manually entering a paypal "buy now" button with a number of items?
    I have version 5 and at the moment it does not warrant the money to upgrade or purchase a Paypal module.
    Any advice is welcome..

E.

What code do you need to link to Paypal? Price? Product Reference? Product Name? Do you have any examples from PayPal of what you need to include?

Comment

I just want to know if it's possible to maunally edit the pages containing the product descriptions using something like Dreamweaver?
      That way I can insert a Paypal "buy now" button and use that to handle online payments...

Regards, Evert.

Comment

You can edit the templates that lay out the products. These are called Product Layout templates and the default one is called Act_ProductLine.html.

They don't look brilliant when you open them in Dreamweaver as they have <tr> and <td> tags but not <table> tags - the <table> tags for the product table come from Act_ProductBody.html.

I suggest you get hold of the 'Designing WIth Actinic Developer' guide - the v6 one - as this has a nice description and nice exercises for the product layout template - including all the variables that work in it.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for your replies but I don't want to edit the templates. I need to asign different parameters to the Paypal "buy now" button for each individual product hence edditing the template would be no good (or would it?).
          Is there a way to edit the individual product descriptions?
          And if not could you tell me if the latest version of Catalog supports Paypal payments?

Thanks, Evert.

Comment

PayPal is supported in v6.1 (or higher) of Actinic. I think it will be less time (and therefore less money) for you to get hold of an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
            X