Search function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search function

Hi I am implementing a search function but it only seems to display results based on a search by product name, not brand name, price, category etc. how can i change it so that it does?
    Thanks
    Dan

Are you using Actinic Catalog or Actinic Business. This feature is only available in Actinic Business.

Tick 'Searchable' for all your custom properties. Then add new rows to the grid in 'View | Search Settings | Searchable Properties' to set up how Actinic will search on your custom properties.

Comment

Do i need to tick searchable for EACH product? As there will be over 900 products in the catalogue, i'm sure neither I nor my client will want to perform this every time a change is made. I'm using Act Bus 6.
      Thanks

Dan

Comment

also is it possible to specify which page the user is directed once they have been shown the 'your search matched no results' page? When a search is done with product and price i get the following error: "Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR." how can this be solved.
        Dan

Comment

Do i need to tick searchable for EACH product?

Yes - I'm afraid so. But you can go into the 'ProductProperties' table in the ActinicCatalog.mdb database, and for each row with a '3' in the 'nType' field, ensure that 'bFlag3' is set to '-1'.

also is it possible to specify which page the user is directed once they have been shown the 'your search matched no results' page?

I don't think so. It just goes back to the last html page you were on before you carried out the search.

When a search is done with product and price i get the following error: "Missing text search join mode. Please specify AND or OR." how can this be solved.

You have edited your search html and removed the and/or radio buttons. Try adding the following into your search form:

<input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">

Comment

the only rows that had 3 as their nType (2 of them) did not relate to a product ( one was for fonts and the other just had 570 as their values in the sString1 column). All other product codes had 4 set as their nType. is this by any chance the value?

(And/Or radio buttons i looked at the HTML code and the line you suggested <input type=HIODDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A"> is there. however as the serch goes back to the original page, then i will need to take my search box out of the Left side frame and place it back into the catalog and see what the result is from that.

thanks
            Dan

Comment

'4' is the nType for quantity-dependent pricing rows.

'3' is definitely the nType value for custom property values. The font and '570' values you mentioned are the custom properties defined in 'Design | Options | Site Defaults'.

By the way, I did not get a 'Missing text search join mode' error when I tried your store.

Comment

The error occurs when a user does a search on the search results page (with the section and price range buttons. You mentioned before that this is because i edited the search HTML, on the simple search form the object <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A"> is there, does this need to be on the section/price range form? also? if so i can't seem to see where to do this edit.
                I have attached an image of this page (see attachement) as it is slighlty odd in its alignment as well, perhaps that maybe causing the problem. i'm not sure which template i would need to edit here either.
                Dan
                Attached Files

Comment

The template for the results page is Act_ResultsTemplate.html.

The variable within that page that brings in the search tool is NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBLOCK.

The template for the search tool is Act_SearchTemplate.html.

It looks like you have some incompatible table code between the two templates, but without seeing the code I can't give any more details.

Comment

Working...
                  X