Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - No space left on device

We are getting problems...........error being displayed to customers =

Following error has been displayed to a customer: Error opening ../acatalog/ADX2J630000666.ord (No space left on device)

DEBUG INFO:
    Debugging information: Input Hash: ACTION : "Next>" GENERALHOWFOUND : "link" GENERALWHYBUY : "" ORDERNUMBER : "ADX2J630000666" PAYMENTMETHOD : "4" PREVQUERY : "RANDOM=0.522125244140625" Q_0 : "1" RANDOM : "0.601226806640625" REFPAGE : "http://www.thefreemason.com/acatalog/"
    SEQUENCE : "2"

Can anyone advise please

Regards

Mike
    www.thefreemason.com
    www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

deleted the error.err file and all seems to be ok now..........would like a comment if poss still

Comment

no....start again....still having the same problems !!

Comment

Have you checked your quota of space against what you have with your host..

Sometimes reseting the quote to a higher level and back down to that provided for you by the host sorts out errors with hosting space etc...

Comment

looked okay to me but I did see a shipping Netquotevar displayed when being asked for my e-mail address so there could be something there
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

we've deleted some of the files. the error files were quite big.

looks like it might be ok now

Comment

its back again !

Any other thoughts ?

Comment

You might want to look in your log file area and see how big they are and delete some (after confirming no harm will come to your stats etc with your host).

Also, do you use any other databases, that might not show up within your normal usage logs, i.e. outside of your shared control, these might be large and pushing your site to its hosting limit.

Other than this and if all looks fine, you will need to speak with your hosts about why this keeps happening if you are no where near your limit of hosting space with them..

Comment

We have 500mg and use 45mg, so no problem for storage space.

I think we'll try our host

mike

Comment

Also, you may want to ask your host how much memory it allows for Perl processes/resources. Talk to them about maybe getting it increased to, say, 12MB.

Comment

Chris

We got this response from our hosts:

"It's not possible to tune the memory settings on a per site basis with the version of Perl we're using. We're using ActiveState perl's IIS ISAPI filter on our hosting platform."

Any thoughts ?

Comment

There are a couple of Perl modules that can be installed by your web host under ActivePerl to improve performance of Perl. These are called ActEncrypt1024 and Digest-MD5 and can be read about on the knowledge base:

http://www.actinic.com/knowledge/aca...28.html#aCD185

I've just seen Digest MD5 is not covered in that Article. To install it under ActivePerl, you simply open a command line and type

ppm install Digest-MD5

'mod_perl' is also talked about in that article - and can be installed under Apache.

Comment

Chris

More food for thought from our host provider

"DigestMD5 is already installed on all the servers, and the Perl Package Manager can't find

C:\temp\>ppm install ActEncrypt1024.ppd
                          Installing package 'ActEncrypt1024.ppd'...
                          Error installing package 'ActEncrypt1024.ppd': Could not locate a PPD file for p
                          ackage ActEncrypt1024.ppd

or without the .ppd extension.

If you could get us package manager server name, or a copy of the package, we'll be able to install that for you."

Any ideas ?

Mike
                          www.thefreemason.com

Comment

Anything you can help with Chris ?

Regards

Mike

Comment

I'm afraid the reference to ActEncrypt1024 was a mistake in the knowledge base. This is an Actinic perl module used on Shared SSL servers.

The only thing I can think of for your server is asking to be moved to a dedicated server where it can support the Perl processes needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X