Uploading - cgi script problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading - cgi script problems

OK - this is maddening - am consistently getting this error message: "Actinic Ecommerce received a request forbidden error from the web server. The web server is not properly confoigured to allow Ac e Comm to run CGI scripts from the cgi-bin..."

The Server manager swears he has configured the server, but also says that it may need to be configured for Linux which works better with Actinic (it's a Fasthost server)

Any input? This has gone on for ages...... Aarrgghh

James
    James Gladwin

FASTHOSTS!! need we say more....

as far as I know you will only get catalog working at fasthosts is on the linux server

Comment

Thanks, Jo - BUT

Jo - thanks. Finally got it sorted - BUT - have uploaded to a test site www.specialgardengifts.com and find I can't enter the shop.

Everything works perfectly on the PC here offline... Any thoughts?

Best - James

PS Am also posting this generally.....
      James Gladwin

Comment

I see that browsing is disabled on the 'acatalog' folder. Could you re-enable it and see if there is any difference? It could be that this limitation is affecting the Perl's ability to view the 'acatalog' folder.

Alternatively, if you have not disabled this manually, the problem is the permissions on this folder (should be '777') and Nadeem's posting HERE will help you with that.

Comment

Are existing files overwritten??

Thanks, Chris. I'll try that.

If I upload the site again, are the existing files automatically overwritten?

Best - James
          James Gladwin

Comment

In theory when you do a site refresh all the files are deleted and replaced. But sometimes to be absolutely sure it is a good ides to manually delete all the files, especially when a site is playing up.

ie delete the acatalog folder and delete the contents of the cgi-bin.

Another option is just to delete all the files which are not html or images and then do an upload. This is useful if you are on a slow connection.

Comment

Acatalog folder enabling

Chris - thanks - do I do that on the local host i.e. my PC? Sorry for being thick but I can't see the option, or do it on the server folder ?

Thanks again - James
              James Gladwin

Comment

What I meant by the 'acatalog' folder is that Actinic creates a folder called 'acatalog' automatically on your web site. It then copies all the HTML and image for your store into this folder.

The URL of your acatalog folder is:

http://www.specialgardengifts.com/acatalog/

... but I now see you are able to browse this folder successfully. I think that when I tried it before, the folder was empty.

You still can't add to the cart though. Can I suggest you register an email support query with us at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm as the team can try and get your server working for you.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Chris. Have just doen as you suggest. Curiouser and curiouser. Have a good weekend. Best - James
                  James Gladwin

Comment

Working...
                  X