Hidden Component Tied to Other Component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Component Tied to Other Component

Is there a way to have a hidden (or automatic) component tied to the choices made in another component?

We have products...in this case custom pins...where the prices are based on size and quantity choices. That works fine through permutations.

There is, however, a set-up charge based on the size. It can't just be another Attribute because Actinic will add 300 charges of, say $85.00 when it should just be $85.00 once. Any way to have this charge come up in the cart automatically based on the size choice without making customer go through additional step?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Hi Jeff

If i am reading you correctly, you are asking to associate a choice to another choice? If this is correct, then i'm afraid you cannot do this in actinic.

You can associate a product to a choice, but not a choice to another choice

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem...I guess that's the way I should have explained it in the first place. BUT...

Even if I have the customer re-enter the size in a second component...called set-up...how do I get that to be a quantity...fixed of 1? I really just want to avoid having the set-up be a separate product.
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I'm afraid what you are asking cannot be done within Actinic at present. I will add this suggestion to the wishlist, concerning actinic handling of components and attributes. (The ability to change the quantity of the choice)

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem...

Would seem that a good deal of storefronts could use this...especially the b2b crowd. (Of course, you want to sell them Business...but is it possible there?)
          Jeff Pollack
          www.alldawgs.com
          www.profleeceusa.com
          www.4dogclubsonly.com
          www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Please continue this discussion on the other thread HERE to avoid missing anything.

Comment

Working...
            X