Newbie trying to learn Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie trying to learn Actinic

Help! I am trying to learn Actinic v6 so our company can use it as our ecommerce site starting in January. The book makes it seem simple but the actual execution is not.
    Two main questions:

1. How does a person do a "save as" so I can do some trial work, save it as a "file name" and then experiment some more and save that as a "file name" so I have two versions, then experiment ...... three versions, etc.?

2. Has anyone published an "Actinic for Dummies"?

Your answers will be appreciated.

Doug

1) You can't really do a "Save as..." as each site is made from scores of separate files.

However you can install the 30 day demo in "Developer" mode which will allow you to work on multiple sites at once. They're all separate sub-folders of Sites, e.g. Site1, Test Site, Etc. You can only work on one at a time but it's easy to switch between them via the File / Sites command.

2) Afraid not. Although there are various downloads on the Actinic site http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm - Designing With Actinic Developer is useful - (perhaps someone else knows additional resources).

Also Actinic has a very comprehensive help file.

This Forum has every level of user participating so you can usually get unstuck by posting here. If you've got several, distinct questions it's probably best to post them separately with meaningful subject lines as we all have different areas of interest and experience.

Norman

p.s. If you don't have an in-house server for testing I'd recommend reading the Advanced Guide (from above) and installing the "Standalone Server". This lets a single system both run Actinic and all the the server software required to emulate a fully live system.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sir, thank you! I will go the demo route and am also checking the resource link.
      You have my appreciation.

Doug

Comment

Working...
      X