Gift Wrap Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Wrap Option

I've searched the old Actinic forum and found a few suggestions on how to do this but they don' relate directly to my situation...

My client has a large catalog which currently uses Attributes and Choices to allow the customer to select sizes and colours etc

He wants to be able to offer a gift wrapping service that is chargeable per item.

To my understanding, this would require us to put in an optional component on each product referencing a hidden product at a set price.

As you know, Actinic does not allow Attibutes and Components to be concurrently used so how do I get around this problem as swiftly as possible!

Any ideas?

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Hello Jos,

You have to 'cut' the attribute and then create the component and then select the new component and 'paste' the attribute in, you can then create the gift wrap option as a second component.

Cheers,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan...

This does however mean that I will have to go through the entire catalog, cutting attributes, creating components and pasting the attributes back into the components, doesn't it...

(not forgetting then setting all the products as 'Sum of components' pricing model and creating the gift wrap component and pasting it onto every product)

This will certainly have time and cost implications... is this the only way to achieve this gift wrap option that you know of?

The only other way I can think of doing this is to put a text link in the Full description field to a product in it's own section which is called 'Gift Wrapping' which can then be ordered as a separate item. (not as efficient looking as your option but maybe cheaper to the client?)

Jos
      Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
      www.internetology.co.uk
      Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Well ... if you were a brave sort of a chap you could do it with SQ, it would be a bit tricky though.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X