Can Component Ignore Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Component Ignore Quantity

Previous thread request got read 23 times but no responses. Guess I didn't explain well enough.

Some item prices are sum of components...determined by size and quantity selections. Permutations work for this.

However, there is a set-up charge. Once for the item. Unfortunately, the charge is multiplied by the quantity...making it come up as thousands of dollars when it should be just, for example, $85.00

Is there ANY way to have this component/attribute ignore the quantity and just be added to the cart once? Without it being a separate item that the customer might ignore!

Can't believe Norman or Gary or Chris don't have a handy answer. Please help, this affects hundreds of potential items in my catalog.

Thanks...in advance.
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

Not my area. Sorry.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman...hopefully someone else with have a workaround.
      Jeff Pollack
      www.alldawgs.com
      www.profleeceusa.com
      www.4dogclubsonly.com
      www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Do all your products have a setup charge? In which case you could add it as a 'Handling' charge in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling'. This will, however, apply to all products in the store.

The other alternative is to have one product (with a 'Maximum Quantity' of '1') for the basic sale, and then have a separate product for people to purchase additional components.

Comment

Chris...using shipping and handling won't work because:
          a) not all products have a set-up charge
          b) the set-up charge varies from product to product
          On another catalog I had the set-up charges as a separate product at the bottom of each page but customers often forgot to do it...or did something else wrong. I was hoping to find a way to tie the set-up to the product without it multiplying by the quantity. I can't even divide the set-up and allow the quantity multiplier since quantity can vary on a product from say 100 to 5,000 on the same product.
          This is for my own catalog and I've got a project waiting to do antoher in the same industry with the same "problems". Any other ideas?
          Jeff Pollack
          www.alldawgs.com
          www.profleeceusa.com
          www.4dogclubsonly.com
          www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

To do this you need to an a separate (non-optional) component to the product for the setup charge. So if you had a product with a size and a setup charge you would have

Component : Size
            Attribute : Size
            Choice : c1
            Choice : c2 etc ...
            Permutations with prices

Component : Setup Charge
            Price setup here.

Unless I have misunderstood.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan...

That's pretty much nailed it BUT the problem is that the component reads the quantity from the product. So if you have 1,000 pins (or pens or magnets, etc.) being ordered the component price gets multiplied out as well. If I could lock the component charge to just one...that would do it...but it seems to read the product quantity no matter what combination of tick boxes I select.

Of course, I could have missed some combo.
              Jeff Pollack
              www.alldawgs.com
              www.profleeceusa.com
              www.4dogclubsonly.com
              www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Of course - I thought that I must have missed something.

How about have a quantity drop down to allow them to select different set quantities - presumably this would allow you to give them a quantity discount as well - or maybe you could have a customvar with the amount and somehow add it on - that is back in Normans court though.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The only way you are going to do this without heavy customisation is by having a separate product for the setup charge.

You can do clever things with the layout templates though to aid the presentation of this. Check out the attached template, it lays out two products with one product image that is next to both of them.

Hope it helps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am anxiously awaiting this answer too as I have a customer that is selling cable and the client can order any length, but one charge for soldering caps on both ends... same problem the component looks at how many feet they ordered and then multiplies it by the component.. astronomical costs!

Chris. how would you use this two- in- one template for just one product??
                    Regards!
                    Annette

Comment

Jan said
                      or maybe you could have a customvar with the amount and somehow add it on...
                      Yes that would probably work but would mean some Perl patches.

I'd guess we could have a Customvar SETUPCHARGE that if it contained a value would be added to the product cost. Probably onother Customvar, SETUPDESC, containing the text to describe that charge (for the Cart and checkout) would be useful too.

Contact me off list if you want go this way as this would require paid for work.

Norman
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Chris...

Thanks...I'll take a look at the template which is sort of like handing the Bard to a monkey. One question: would this template then require that only the product and it's set-up be on the page? That could be done although at the moment there are a couple of items per page.
                        Jeff Pollack
                        www.alldawgs.com
                        www.profleeceusa.com
                        www.4dogclubsonly.com
                        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

One question: would this template then require that only the product and it's set-up be on the page?
                          No. You could have other products on the page using your default ProductLine layout, and only the product with single quantity components using the template uploaded by Chris.
                          Ben Popplestone
                          Ecommerce website software

Comment

We also have the same problem, but unfortunatly there is no way around it, This has also been confirmed by actinic.

regards

www.shopstuff.co.uk

Comment

The template Act_ProductLine2atonce is a liveable solution. Coupled with "One Add to Cart Button Per Page" it makes the buyer see it.

Two questions, though.

1) The second product (on the page and in importance) is sometimes appearing first in the cart. Likewise, where I have components for sizes and the second product is for the higher priced 2XL's, it is appear first. Is there any way to control this?

2) I've found a bearable way to take size breakdowns for shirt orders. Each component size reports a separate line in the cart but next to the quantity the customer selected for the size, is the total quantity in the order (gotten from the Quantity input). Is there a way to take that off the cart...it's a bit confusing.

As always, appreciate the help.
                              Jeff Pollack
                              www.alldawgs.com
                              www.profleeceusa.com
                              www.4dogclubsonly.com
                              www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

Working...
                              X