Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Variables

Hi

I have created several custom variables and can add them to my products at product level.

Is there any way of automatically populating the 'Property' fields for all new products created so that I can then just add a 'Value' for each field at the product level rather than having to use the tick box method. The values will be different for each product so I cannot do this at Section Level.

Further, if this is possible, if I have a csv file, can I link the contents to the custom variable that I have defined.

Think that makes sense.

Thanks
    Steven

I'm not sure either of these are possible.

The only way to have a row pre-set in the 'Properties' grid is to set up one 'Template' product and then copy and paste this whenever you want to create a new product.

With regards to importing, the only way to do it is with a hierarchical import file (you can read about these in the help). You list the custom property values in a rows underneath the product rows. They end up looking like this:

Product,Brief Encounter,1106,A fine romance
    CustomProperty,Director,David Lean
    CustomProperty,Starring,Trevor Howard & Celia Johnson

The best way to learn about hierarchical imports is to create a few custom properties and then do a 'File | Export' to generate a hierarchical file containing your data.

Comment

Working...
    X