Tax Question and Country Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Question and Country Question

Two fold question folks.. I'm sure it's easy but I can't for the life of me figure it out!

1.) Client only ships to the USA, I have broken USA into three shipping zones East, Central and West Coast. When the customer places an order, there is a drop down box to choose a Country. There is only One Choice--United State; can it just say United States without having a drop down box show? Extra step for nothing if they have to chose a country from a drop down box with only One choice!

2.) Sales tax is only applicable to one State. I have set it up in the advanced Tax that sales tax is only applicable to the state of PA all other states I added to the Tax not levied field. Yet when the person orders.. the PA Sales tax shows up immediately until they finish their order and enter their State. If their state is not PA then it removes the tax line.
    How can I get Actinic to NOT SHOW the PA sales tax until they choose that their state is PA. I don't want any tax to show up unless they choose( I want the opposite of what's happening now.)

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!
    Regards!
    Annette

Maybe this will help until someone else comes along, as I had a similar problem:

1: Create three tax zones, EG: East, West, Central. You can place the appropriate states into each as zone members.

2: Sounds like this is your "default zone"? Make another zone the default.
    Regards, Tom

Comment

You had said create different Tax zones, I don't think that's what I'm after here. I probably didn't explain it well enough...

The Only shipping Country is the United STates.. I had to break the SHIPPING into 3 zones.. East, Central and West for the United States. When you create a shipping Zone , you have to choose states from the right column and post them to the left column... when I choose a state from the united states to post it to the left column, it automatically gives it the Header "United STates" So my three zones all have a sub header "United States" with the different states for each zone listed underneath. I then get a warning that "United States" is part of each Zone.. but it's impossible for it not to be since the software automatically puts the "UNITED STATES" header above any states I choose to send over to the left column.. ( does this make sense?)
      Then when someone orders There is a drop down box to chose a Country from.. but of course there's only one Country to choose from.
      Is there a way to NOT make the drop down box show so that customers don't have to chose a Country from a drop down list when there is only one country there anyway??
      Regards!
      Annette

Comment

Here is my tax question.

The only state that has sales tax applied is Pennsylvania. I have set it up in the TAX section that Pennsylvania is the only state with a tax levied. All other states I have put under "no tax levied". But, when a customer orders a product and clicks "add to cart" the item comes up with PA STate Tax added.. before they even choose a state. I do not want the PA Tax showing up immediately.. I want it so that they can choose their products and I want the TAX to show up ONLY if they choose the State of PA for their state. How do I get the software to do this?

Thanks for you help!!!!
        Regards!
        Annette

Comment

If you'd like to see the site I"m working on its location is
          http://209.251.36.72/acatalog

Thanks!!
          Regards!
          Annette

Comment

On the latter, two considerations:

If PA is not part of the default zone then (if it is change the default):

YOu may have had the "remember me" box ticked, and you were testing it and said you were in that tax zone. THerefore it remembers you from your cookie. Go through the checkout and say you are in another state to get the cooke state reset or delete your cookies.

In Canada we have 3 different possible taxes based in province, so you create 3 tax zones. All are based upon the country they belong to, I assume US would be the same.
            Regards, Tom

Comment

Working...
            X