Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Associating components with multiple products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associating components with multiple products.

We are using Actinic Catalog 6. I have added a component to one of our products, specified a price for it and I notice that there is an option to associate this component with a certain product. However I would like to associate the component with a lot of the products on my site. This is so that I do not have to add the component to each of my products and then if the price changes for example have to go through every single component individually to make the changes. Instead I would like to be able to change the price on the original component so that this will automatically update the price on the same component which is associated to several products in the catalog.

I would be grateful if someone could give me some assistance with this.

That's the normal way to use a component. You do this from the Product Dialogue of each product you want to add the component to.

If your existing products don't have any Attributes/Choices then you can simply copy and paste the component.

In the Product tree go to a product that already has the component, right click said component and choose Copy.

Now use the Product tree to go to each product you want to add the component to, right click on that product and choose Paste. That component is still in the clipboard so you can repeat for each product you want to add the component to.

If your destination product has Attributes then things are a little more complicated (you'll get an error message when you try to paste that explains what to do).

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X