Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required Fields

Required Fields

I've got the problem that the required fields in the checkout phase are not being labelled as required.

Hence customers can go past them to the next screen before being told to go back and complete them.

I've checked the colour of the required fields in Colours/themes and they are set to Red....

any other ideas folks?

Are they set as required in 'Design | Text | Checkout | Invoice Address/Delivery Address'?

Comment

Hi Chris,

Yes they are....the required field function works, because if you miss a required field and go to the next screen , yiu are then told to go back and complete the missing fields.

I'm at a bit of a loss with this one...I've copied the act_order html files over from Original and replaced the pl files too

Can't think of anything else to try!

Comment

Do you have a URL I can look at?

Comment

site is here

Hi Chris

URL is above!

Thanks

jo

Comment

I think the problem is your store was based on a theme that uses stylesheet caled actinic.css. The required fields in the checkout are referring to a style from that stylesheet (called 'actrequiredcolor') but the link to the stylesheet is missing.

Add the line <LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="actinic.css"> and this should fix it. Trouble is, I don't think IE lets you have reference to two different sets of styles on one HTML page. This means you may have to migrate your custom styles into the actinic .css file.

Comment

Hi Chris

Yes, the problem was the style sheet...

I have now taken the actinic.css, added my custom style to it and uploaded...everything is perfecto!

Many Thanks

Jo

Comment

Working...
              X