Credit cards not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit cards not working

I've been having loads of problems recently with Actinic 25 (V3 with only 25 products max which is plenty for me) and found answers in this forum - great! Wish Actinic had notified me though. So I know what to do about a) no customer notifications, b) cookies don't work with IE6. But I still have trouble.

PROBLEM 1:
    My shop started out at www.khcc.org.uk/acatalog and I still have a cut down version of it there that works fine. But my product designer said that the Actinic interface wasn't up to his standard so we created our own front end at vegetarianguides.co.uk which makes calls to the shopping cart as the engine using the SECTION BLOB numbers, and this worked fine for a while. But now we have problems:
    a) If you try ordering within vegetarianguides.co.uk and do "invoice and pay later" or "credit card details sent separately" it works fine, but if you try to enter credit card details it freezes.
    b) If you try ordering within the redirect from vegetarianguides.com you can't do any of these three.
    (You can try with a credit card and use a wrong expiry and I'll delete the order)

PROBLEM 2
    So we thought fine, this must be a problem with relative and absolute pathnames somewhere, but the Perl scripts are unreadable. So I decided to finally move my acatalog and cgi-bin from the old host khcc.org.uk into vegetarianguides.co.uk, but am unable to write to vegetarianguides.co.uk/acatalog, though vegetarianguides.co.uk/cgi-bin works just fine. Maybe something to do with Unix permissions, but how do I see these working from Windows XP?

This has been costing me about one order a day, say 10 pounds, since September. I don't do enough business to justify upgrading when I paid so little for Actinic 25, but the cost is getting ridiculous and it's Christmas! I'm guessing that I could beat this by paying several times as much for v6, but is there still some cut down version available for us little guys? (Actinic 25 wasn't in any literature but eventually we found it in a photocopied mailout) Answers to PROBLEM 1 would be appreciated too, though maybe solving PROBLEM 2 would take care of it.
    Thanks.

It may take a while to track down but you can get V6 catalog 25.

It was also given away free with a mag several months ago.

My advise is to upgrade since there are many more features available, including norton firewall and XP compatibility

Comment

Working...
    X