How to Suspend Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Suspend Orders

I want to download an upgrade from Actinic. I'm told to "suspend orders" before doing this. How do I suspend orders?

Hi Doug.

I presume you are currently using V5? If this is the case, go to View | Business Settings | Orders and make sure that you have "Allowed" unchecked, and "Suspended" checked under the online ordering section. You will then need to upload your old site ,wait around half an hour after the upload has completed, then download orders again.

The reason for suspending the orders is because if you upgrade, the new version will not be able to read orders created an a previous version.

Hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Darren. Can I tap your knowledge further? I'm currently using v5.0 and I'd like to upgrade to the latest v6. I've got a CD for version 5.1.6. This tells me that my version is too old to be upgraded by patches so I need to install the whole thing (which is on the disk). If I do this, can I then proceed via various patches/downloadable upgrades to the latest version? Or do I have to buy an upgrade? If either route is possible, would it be cleaner and more advisable to buy the upgrade?
      If you get a chance to reply, thanks in advance.

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug.

If you wanted to download the latest full version of v5.1.6, you can get this from

Here
        This will take you to the latest version of 5 which includes the all important Norton firewall fix. If you are currently using V5, then this is free.

You must create a snapshot of your website prior to upgrading your site, this will allow you to go back in case you have any problems with say upgrading the Actinic templates. You must also suspend orders and download orders prior to upgrading.

If you wish to upgrade to version 6, please contact our sales dept on 0845 129 4800 and they can discuss the options with you.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X