Site crashed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site crashed ...

Been running for 3 years plus not a glich ..... but last week my site crashed.

Went through the basic routine...

Compacted Databases
    Web > Refreshed Site

Started working again

Now can't download orders - Decryption error.

Getting support from Pinbrooks new owner Host-IT, but am a little in the dark, and they simply keep telling me to delete and re-install without much diagnosis?

EDIT:
    Further information, my disk quota has gone off the scale and I notice I have a file as big as my website sitting under the LOGS directory.

See attachment.

Appreciate any guidance, before I start blindly deleting stuff?

Thanks, Simon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by simonwar; 24-Oct-2010, 07:31 AM. Reason: More information
    esafetysigns.co.uk
    your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
    ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
    http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

I'm not sure what the large log file is. Your host should be able to explain it to you.

I get a 500 error on your site when I try to add to cart. So that's not looking too good.

My first port of call would be the new hosts and whetehr they've changed the server setup to their standard configuration (which would seem to be normal thing for them to do). The chances are that they've messed up something.

Mike

PS. A decryption error would suggest that either the decryption key has changed on your PC since you last updated or that the web server isn't encrypting properly. Personally, I suspect it's a sign of general server problems.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Reading between the lines maybe your refresh didnt work because of the disk quota error.

I did a search on the site and got a oldtext.fil error - this should be fixed by a refresh. Check seems ok up to the point I took it, so maybe Host-it have resolved this for you.

I would log in via ftp and delete the contents of the log files to release the space.

Further info - i can see the IP of the site, and its still on a pinbrook server.

Comment

Working...
      X