Additional Fields In The Checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Fields In The Checkout?

I’m trying to add additional fields to the checkout form – the purpose of which is security questions such as: previous address, bank and employment details. However I’m stumped! Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi there,

I believe the optimal way in acheiving this will be to use extra promp field that are free to use from Design|Text.

If you goto Design|Text|Wesite(cont), then into the 'Invoice Address' tab, you can use the unused prompts. You can change the name of the prompts as well as making them a required filed.

Hope this helps
    Thank You
    Menar Khan

Comment

not enough spare fields

Thanks for your reply Menar. Unfortunately there just aren’t enough spare fields. Is there a way off adding additional info in any way at all?

Comment

Hi there,

How many extra fields or what is the total number of fields you require?
        Thank You
        Menar Khan

Comment

Hi -
          About 6 extra text fields should do it -
          or if this is not possible it might help if i could get a couple more and in addition turn a text field into a text area?

Comment

I thought I'd done this already. I hunted around my library of patches and found this. See if the attached readme helps.

Norman
            Attached Files
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi - Many thanks for your suggestion.
              I've followed the instructions but do not see any difference - have I totally missed the trick completely?
              Test Site: http://www.phone4u.co.uk/test/acatalog/

Comment

What did you put in Design / Text / Web Site (cont) / User Definable 3?

You should tick the "Show" checkbox for the above and have something like Age|Sex|Height in as the text for this prompt. Also make sure you're using the correct | character (it's on the bottom row of keys on most keyboards).

Norman

Comment

Many thanks Norman, this works a treat.

Comment

Seeing as you seem like the man to ask, I don’t suppose you have any ideas about this one?:

Some of my products are free with a variable monthly subscription. My business requires credit card details to be taken whether they have chosen a free product or not. In actinic if I choose a free product the credit card fields do not come up during checkout. Do you know of a means of forcing the credit card fields to come up whether any money is taken or not?

http://www.phone4u.co.uk/test/acatalog/

Comment

Afraid I can't help on that one.

I saw your post elsewhere on this so I hope someone (Actinic themselves) will see it and help.

Norman

Comment

Hi Norman – do you know if I can lengthen these new text areas? The size attribute doesn’t seem to make any difference. Also I’m told you have a tip for making them into multi line text area, is this possible?
                        ajo

Comment

In your (patched) Act_Order02.html there are the lines
                          Code:
                                     document.write('<td><input type="text" autocomplete="off" name="user_' + I + '" value="' + vals[I] + '" onchange="merge(\'user_\',\'GENERALUSERDEFINED\',' + defs.length +');"></td></tr>');

Add your size there. E.g.

Code:
                                     document.write('<td><input type="text" size="50" autocomplete="off" name="user_' + I + '" value="' + vals[I] + '" onchange="merge(\'user_\',\'GENERALUSERDEFINED\',' + defs.length +');"></td></tr>');
                          As to changing some ot these to textarea's, sorry I've not done that. You do have all the source code for this patch and could extend it if you want.

Norman

Comment

Working...
                          X