price promt query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price promt query

in price prompt, if it cannot be ordered online, we want the price prompt to display what is in the search results. ref site www.centralbooks.co.uk

example: -

search on shallow grave, choose a book that comes back in the search results there is no price prompt stataus yet when you locate the same book through the standard catalog, it shows

need to know, can we add in a variable to display the same price prompt as in catalog in search results.

I don't really understand the question, so sorry if this is wrong.

If you just want to hide the price of a product altogether, your best best is to just remove the price from the product that you do not want to be orderable online.

That way, no price will show against that product online.

If this does not answer it, perhaps you can describe further.

Comment

Chris,

I had a look and what's happening is this. Most products have something in the Price Prompt field like "Status : Available".

You see this if you go directly to a product. If you go via the search page then this text isn't displayed.

I had a look at some page sources and sure enough the entire fragment

<Actinic:RETAIL_PRICE_TEXT>Status : Available</Actinic:RETAIL_PRICE_TEXT>

Doesn't appear when you go to a page via the search scripts.

web@ack,

Try this and see if it fixes it (it will have the side-effect of turning off all the highlighting of matches).

Go to View / Search Settings / Results and uncheck "Highlight Located Text".

If that returns things to normal it's probably a bug in the search scripts.

Norman.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X